Senior appointment further strengthens AlixPartners’ telecommunications offering
AlixPartners, the global business advisory firm, today announces the appointment of telecommunications specialist Dr. Roman Friedrich as a Managing Director in its technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) team based in the firm’s Dusseldorf office.
Roman has over 20 years’ consulting experience, working predominantly with telecommunications companies across Europe to achieve strategic transformation and digitisation. He has also authored a number of white papers covering trends in the telecommunications and media industry. At AlixPartners, Roman will be a key member of the leadership team in Germany and will help accelerate the development of the company’s digital transformation capabilities in Europe.
Roman joins AlixPartners from the strategy-consulting firm Strategy& where he led the Global Digital as well as the communications, media and telecommunications (CMT) practices since 2012. Prior to this, he headed up Booz & Company’s global and European CMT practice and was a member of the European Management Team.
Simon Freakley, chief executive officer at AlixPartners, said, “I am delighted to welcome Roman as a Managing Director in our technology, media and telecommunications practice. His considerable experience will prove to be of significant value as we further strengthen our European offering and cement our position as one of the region’s leading consultancy firms in the telco sector.”
Notes to editors:
Dr. Roman Friedrich’s Industry Experience
- Partner at Strategy& Düsseldorf/Stockholm (2008 – 2016)
- Head of Digital and Communications, Media, Technology Europe and member of the European management team (2009 – 2016)
- Global Practice Leader, Digital and Communications, Media & Technology (2012 – 2016)
- Business and strategy consultant Booz Allen Hamilton in Munich and Düsseldorf/Stockholm (1995 – 2008)
- Associate (1995-1997), Senior Associate (1997-1999), Principal (1999-2001)
- Partner (2001-2008) in the communications, media & technology practice
- Diploma in Nuclear Physics, Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany
- PhD in Theoretical Particle Physics, University of Tubingen, Germany
- Scholar of the German Merit Foundation
Tel. +49 89 2000 3033
In today’s fast paced global market timing is everything. You want to protect, grow or transform your business. To meet these challenges we offer clients small teams of highly qualified experts with profound sector and operational insight. Our clients include corporate boards and management, law firms, investment banks, investors and others who appreciate the candor, dedication, and transformative expertise of our teams. We will ensure insight drives action at that exact moment that is critical for success. When it really matters.