According to our latest hospitality survey, US consumers are still optimistic about travel—but their hotel-stay plans differ across demographic and industry segments.
AT A GLANCE
- Hotel-visit frequency—and spending—will increase, with millennials boosting travel the most
- In addition to location and price, strong hotel-choice influencers include free wi-fi and local-appeal offerings
- Age group and travel purpose affect loyalty programs’ influence on hotel choice
- Travelers use different sources to evaluate hotels and find great deals
- A dirty room tops the list of hotel-stay destroyers